Massage therapy in Whitby area and other places does not just relax you and your muscles. It has proven medical and emotional benefits. Of course, a skilled massage therapist can make your aches and pain disappear as if by magic, but if you get regular massages you can find that you sleep better and wake up more refreshed and readier to take on your day. Anybody who lives in today’s busy world can reap the benefits of massage.
Huge Benefits of Massage Therapy
- Not only can massage therapy allow you the time to unwind and relax, it can also improve your circulation. If your hands and/or feet seem to always be cold, massage therapy can help your blood to flow more easily throughout your body and warm you up.
- It can boost your immune system keeping you from getting sick. Those colds that float around? You are better able to avoid them.
- Massages have been proven to increase serotonin levels in your brain which can decrease your stress away. Less stress means a decrease in anxiety and can even help you avoid the risk of a heart attack or stroke.
- You may be surprised to hear this, but a regular massage therapy routine can even lower your blood pressure. There have been proven results where people have even been able to stop taking their blood pressure medication. You should never stop taking any medication without discussing it with your doctor.
- Another great benefit is that massages decrease the lactic acid that can build up inside your muscles plus it can help remove toxins from your body by allowing your lymphatic system to work better.
Ready to Give Massage Therapy a Try?
Now that you know how massage therapy help increase circulation, decrease anxiety and blood pressure, as well as easing depression, it is time to schedule an appointment with a licensed, trained therapist. The Sloan Natural Health Center in Whitby can provide you with well-qualified registered massage therapists. At their facility they treat people of all ages suffering from stress, pain, and anxiety and injuries.