Polypropylene (PP) is a synthetic resin used with success in injection molding since the 1950s. As a low-density plastic, it has a wide variety of industrial and commercial applications. Polypropylene injection molding is one of the means molding companies use to provide their customers with functional, safe products. Many industries rely on it because of its propitious properties.
Properties of Polypropylene
PP possesses a number of desirable qualities. Among the most prominent and sought after ones are:
- Chemical Resistance
- Fatigue Resistance – for heavy impacts
- Elasticity and Durability – bends, shapes and flexes without deformation and snapping
- Electrical Resistance
- Transparency – therefore making it useful for light transferal
These inherent qualities make PP beneficial in various applications.
PP is a versatile material. Polypropylene injection molding finds popularity in the automotive, food packaging, sporting goods, medical equipment, and container industries because its properties produce products with certain beneficial characteristics. Products created from PP
- Resist chemical leaching, therefore making it a safe choice for food containers as well as the containing of various cleaners and solvents
- Are moisture proof
- Act as excellent lids for bottles because they have both an elasticity and durability. The result is the so-called “living hinge”
- Are available in both medical and food grades
- Are available at a highly affordable price
- Can take a beating and continue to perform
From automotive products and vessels in laboratories to sporting goods and toys, PP injection molding produces reliable, cost-effective, durable, and safe products.
Polypropylene Injection Molding
When it comes to cutting costs but still providing essential functional components, plastic and PP perform optimally. Combining quality results with affordability results in many industries turning to polypropylene injection molding. Its ability to produce with high replicability durable as well as chemical, moisture, and fatigue resistant components, results in it becoming a favorite process and material not only currently but also in the future.