Filing taxes can be a big pain, especially if a person is not properly prepared. Taking a DIY approach may seem easy, but it is not. If a person is not aware of the ever-changing tax laws, they could find themselves missing out on deductions and other benefits that could increase their refund or reduce what is owed to the IRS. When seeking a professional for Tax Preparation in Kent, it is imperative a person is properly prepared.
What Should Be Brought to the Appointment?
There are a few different items that will need to be brought in for Tax Preparation in Kent. It is wise to speak with the tax preparation professional to ensure there are no additional items that need to be brought in for review.
- The individual will need to bring in personal information on all members of the home, including any dependants. The social security numbers and driver’s license numbers will need to be brought in to ensure the correct information is filed.
- Employment information will also need to be brought in to the appointment. Any W2 forms received from employment will need to be properly filed to ensure the right amount of refund is granted or to determine how much is owed to the IRS.
- Those who are self-employed will need to bring in any forms related to their business, including their 1099-MISC and records of all of their business expenses.
- If a person is retired, they will need to bring in any retirement income information, including the 1099-R.
- Savings information, investments, and even gambling income need to be properly reported according to the current tax laws.
Why Hire a Professional?
Hiring a tax preparation professional will ensure the right paperwork is filed and filed correctly. Making mistakes can have a big impact on a person’s tax outcome and could even result in triggering an audit by the IRS.
With help from a tax professional, individuals can rest assured their tax will be filed correctly and without errors, so problems do not arise. Call the office right away if you would like to schedule an appointment.