Homeowners looking for a better alternative of protection than an asphalt shingle roof, are now relying on the durability and protection of commercial roofing in St. Charles MO.
Commercial roofing is the material that is used to seal a roof for protection. While mostly used for commercial properties, residential areas are taking on the new trend as they offer more protection, durability, and reduction in energy consumption.
There are four main types of commercial roofing materials, each with their unique benefits. Knowing which type of material to use will ensure the roofing needs are met.
Commercial Roofing Materials
- Thermoplastic Roofing (TPO). This type of roofing material is highly resistant to ultraviolet rays, ozone, and chemical exposure. They have a lifespan of a minimum of 20 years and are resilient to fire, punctures and high winds.
- Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer Roofing (EPDM). Due to superb durability and versatility, EPDM roofs are said to be the longest lasting of commercial roofing materials. They are also considered to be one of the more easily installed and maintained.
- Photovoltaic Solar Panels. PV Solar Panels are installed over a rooftop or used with a glass tile that is mounted to the rooftop. They absorb sunlight and convert it into energy.
- Green Roofs. Sedum green roofs are flat roofs that are covered with vegetation and soil which is planted over a waterproof membrane.
There are many advantages to using commercial roofing in St. Charles MO for your home or business.
Advantages of Commercial Roofing
- Flat roofs are more cost effective to build than the typical pitched or steep slope roofs. This is due to requiring less material because less square feet is needed for coverage. They are also quicker to install, saving the individual daily labor costs. EPDM and TPO materials are a few of the materials that are most commonly used with this style of roofing.
- If installing a low-sloped commercial roof, they allow easier access for installing air conditioners and solar panels. They also allow for water runoff as the design directs the water where to go. Similar to flat roofing, EPDM and TPO materials along with rubber rolled roofing are common materials used.
With a variety of decisions to make when it comes to choosing a commercial roof, hiring a company such as Affordable Exteriors is a great way to making sure the right material is chosen and your roof is installed correctly.